Organising transport to and from your radiotherapy appointments can be stressful and draining at an already tiring time. Many of our service's users do not feel comfortable asking friends and family to drive them to their appointments. A lot of patients do not have friends or family they can ask and many others haven't disclosed their health issues to their nearest and dearest. Whatever your reasoning behind needing SERT's cancer care transport, there are a host of benefits of travelling with our volunteers:
- Meeting people in the same kind of situation. A lot of our service's users feel a sense of camaraderie with the new people they meet. Those that have been through radiotherapy before can provide real insight to those new to the treatment.
- Comfort and reassurance. On those journeys back after a particularly tiring session, it can be reassuring to know everything has been taken care of for you.
- A support system. Separate from your day-to-day life, it can be comforting to see familiar faces that understand your journey. Many patients find it helpful having people to talk to about their issues.
- Confidentiality. SERT's services are completely free, confidential and discreet.
- Reliable transport. Having your radiotherapy on our rota ensures you have a reliable pick up and drop off service for every appointment, removing any unnecessary additional stress and organisation for you.